How to Enter
The 2018 PROSE Award entry deadline has passed.
- 64 available awards
- 5 “best of” awards chosen from 58 book, reference, journal and eproduct categories
- 45 book subject categories for which traditional print, electronic publications and print/electronic packages are eligible
- 6 electronic product awards
- 7 journals awards for which electronic journals are eligible
- No maximum limit to submissions per publisher in any category
- Awards seals available for winners in sticker and electronic format to promote their win
- Judges tweeting live from inside the judging deliberations room
- Increased emphasis on journals with new journals categories and expanded eligibilty as well as special attention to the journals entries during both the judging process and the Awards luncheon
- Awards ceremony featuring the announcement of the 2018 PROSE Awards for Excellence and 2018 R.R. Hawkins Award winners, and the R.R. Hawkins Award winner’s speech
Dear PSP, AAP and AAUP Members,
Once again that time of year is upon us — when publishers from across the country compete for 64 prizes, including the prestigious R.R. Hawkins Award, presented by the Professional and Scholarly Publishing (PSP) Division of the Association of American Publishers (AAP). As the Vice President and Executive Director of PSP, I invite you to submit your outstanding professional or scholarly works to the 2018 American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence (the PROSE Awards).
For more than a decade, PROSE has been thriving, breaking submissions records year after year thanks to you — PSP, AAP and Association of American University Presses (AAUP) member publishers. Now celebrating its 42nd year, PROSE will be building on its reputation as the premier professional and scholarly awards program in the U.S. This year, PROSE will continue to increase its strong social media presence by engaging Facebook and Twitter followers, and to generate more promotion and publicity for participants and winners pre- and post-Awards. The 2018 Awards Luncheon will continue to be a highlight of the luncheon ceremony that recognizes the 2018 winners at the PSP Annual Conference on February 8th and will feature the PROSE Awards for Excellence and R.R. Hawkins Award winners.
Additionally, the 2018 PROSE Awards will be placing a greater emphasis on the journals publishing. Seven new categories and expanded eligibility offer new opportunities for more journals to win a prize. Special attention during the judging process and at the awards luncheon will further highlight the exceptional contributions of journals publishers to the PSP community.
The PROSE Awards is also pleased to announce that its entry process is going entirely online in 2018. It is just another example of how PROSE is always enhancing its program to make a better experience for all participants.
Further details on judging criteria and eligibility rules can be found in the Call for Entries on www.proseawards.com. Please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
I sincerely hope that you will answer the call by submitting your most exceptional works for consideration for the 2018 PROSE Awards.
VP and Executive Director